Sri Konijeti Rosaiah was born on 4th July, 1933 in a middle class agricultural family from Vemuru in Guntur District. He graduated in Commerce from Hindu College, Guntur.
HELD THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
- Elected as General Secretary, Students Union of Hindu College, Guntur in 1952.
- He was first elected as Member of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council in 1968 and re-elected in 1974 & 1980.
- Acted as Chairman, Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd. From 1977-79.
- He was the Leader of the Opposition in Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council from 1978 to May, 1979 and again from 1983 to till the abolition of Legislative Council in 1985.
- Held the Portfolio as Minister for Roads & Buildings in the Cabinet of Dr.M.Chenna Reddy from 1979-80.
- Held the Portfolio as Minister for Housing, Transport in the Cabinet of Sri T.Anjaiah in 1980-81.
- Held the Portfolio as Minister for Home in the Cabinet of Sri K.Vijayabhaskar Reddy from September 1982 to January 1983.
- Held the Portfolio as Minister for Finance, Power, Transport, Higher Education, Handlooms & Textiles and Legislative Affairs in the Cabinet of Dr.M.Chenna Reddy from December 1989 to December 1990.
- Held the Portfolio as Minister for Medical & Health in the Cabinet of Sri.N.Janardhan Reddy in 1991-92.
- Held the Portfolio as Minister for Finance, Power and Medical & Health in the Cabinet of Sri K.Vijayabhaskar Reddy in 1992-94.
- Served as President, Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee during 1995-97.
- Elected to the Lok Sabha from Narasaraopet Constituency in the year 1998 and served on various Parliamentary Committees.
- Held the Portfolios as Minister for Finance, Planning, Legislative Affairs, Health, Medical & Family Welfare Departments in the Cabinet of Dr.Y.S.Rajashekar Reddy from 2004-2009.
- Recipient of Doctorate from the Andhra University, Visakhapatnam during October, 2007.
- He was elected as M.L.C. from Assembly Constituency in 2009.
- Again he was inducted in the Cabinet of Dr.Y.S.Rajashekar Reddy & held the portfolios of Finance, Planning & Legislative Affairs from May, 2009 to 3rd September 2009.
- He was the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh from 3rd September 2009 to 24th November, 2010.
- He assumed charge as Governor of Tamil Nadu on 31st August 2011.